Monday, November 26, 2007

Today's DMAC Results: QQQQ & QID

There were 9 trades generated today using the Dual Moving Average Crossover (DMAC) system for a total profit potential of $4,080 using a 1,000 share size position of QID for each trade. Total commissions would have been $90, so the net profit would have been $3,990.

Trade Profit
1 $720
2 $440
3 $360
4 $470
5 $300
6 $470
7 $570
8 $200
9 $550
Total $4,080

Unfortunately, I was sorely lacking today as I attempted several trades. I went negative, then positive, and finally netting a gain of a mere $80 on the day (after commissions). But better than losing money. I missed so many of the crossover trades today. Perhaps a lack of focus or maybe fear.

I think I need an automated system for at least the trade entry. I can probably manage the exits (or maybe not?). Just getting my "foot in the door" on a crossover trade is key. Right now I have to manually watch the chart and look to see where the crossover occurs and then decide in a split second if I should take the trade or not. So intense focus and concentration are needed...something that is difficult to maintain for 6.5 hours. Not to mention being on the West Coast and dealing with the early morning hours.

Of course the profit "potential" today of nearly $4,000 is unrealistic as its virtually impossible to hit the exact top and bottom of the signals, but lets say you capture 50% of the total daily profit as a goal, that's still a nice tidy return and income. Nearly $2,000 today! One can also increase the position sizing for larger returns (but also higher risk of loss).

Click on the charts below to see the specific entry, exit and timing of each trade, RED boxes around a trade indicate a short and GREEN indicates a LONG.
QID is an Ultrashort ETF, so when you short it, it becomes a LONG.





No comments: